Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just a waitress....

The other day I was at work, punching an order into the computer, and the people in the booth right by me were talking, and one of the guys said (really loudly) something about someone being a "F**king faggot."

SIGH.

Then he realizes that I am standing right there, and looks over his shoulder and says "oh, sorry." Not sounding very sincere. It was more like "I'm sorry you had to hear me say the F word...cause you're a lady." Not like "Please excuse my intolerance of people who are different than me, and the fact that I said an inappropriate word very loudly in a family restaurant"

Then the other guy laughs and goes "  She's just the waitress....she doesn't care."

SIGH times INFINITY.

Yup. I'm "just a waitress." Would you like another pint of Coors Lt.? I "don't care" about politics or people, or my own emotional well being. The only thing I care about is making sure that your nachos come out before your pizza......Because I am "just the waitress" and I "don't care."

1 comment:

  1. That is terrible... sorry you had to go through that. At least the important people in your life know who you are and that you are a great person.

    ReplyDelete