Thursday, February 17, 2011

U.N.I.T.Y.

I have conflicting thoughts on Nicki Minaj. Of course I love a diva that comes out and says "Imma bad bitch" and can throw down on the mic in a community full of men. However, I think Jasmine Mans REALLY throws down on the mic, and captures a moment of conflicting thoughts on Nicki Minaj. I think that Jasmine isn't trying to hate, but is just trying to say "wake up."

They are trading you paper, in exchange for you to be plastic.
I dreamt, that you used to back-pack the lost rhymes of female MC's.
'You da bestest'... But I know that your spine binds on crooked lines and you can't seem to write a rhyme for your broken daughters.
Do you know what this media is trying to do to you? The will porcelain barbie doll the shit out of you. Leave you loose-necked, hanging from Zion....they will Lauryn Hill you.
Barbie...stop spittin' me 'toy stories'.
You're going to have to come a little harder for rap. Too many female MC's have laid down tracks, U.N.I.T.Y. so you wouldn't have to record on your back.
Crown, Vagina, and Womanhood all sold separately....you are being stabbed in your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment